- Fixes copy
- Review of authorisations requested by the application
You want to learn a foreign language, or study a specific topic, and you are looking for an application to help you organize and study your vocabulary lists?
This application allows you to:
- add / modify words or sentences with their translation
- listen to the pronunciation of those words
- arrange your vocabulary lists in themes/categories
- create a hierarchy of themes/categories (a theme can have sub-themes)
- sort the words inside a theme/category
- move a group of words to another theme/category
- create several dictionaries
- search a word in your personal dictionary
- know the level of memorization of the words added in the dictionary
- associate an image to a word
- associate various texts to the added words (definition, conjugation, declensions, examples, etc.)
You can also use this application as a lexicon or glossary, on the theme you want (mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, cooking, psychology, philosophy, justice, etc.). This application is also very useful if you want to create a constructed language (or conlang).
To facilitate the sharing between devices, WordTheme allows the dictionaries to be saved, imported and synchronized via Google Drive.
This app can also help as a vocabulary trainer. To help you learn and memorize the words of your dictionary, "My personal dictionary" contains several games:
- Find the translation: you'll have to find the right translation amongst a list of possible answers
- Find the word: same thing, but the other way around
- Find the translation (with sound)
- Mixed Letters: you must place the letters of the word in the correct order
- Spelling test: as its name suggests, you must write the word you hear while respecting the spelling
- Crossword: a crossword game is generated with the words of your personal dictionary (only in Pro version)
All the games can be used with languages written from right to left (Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, ...)
Additionally, this application allows you to :
- save your personal dictionary
- export your personal dictionary to share it with a friend, or to make a distant backup of it
- import a new dictionary or a list of words into a dictionary (with the interface inside the application or directly by sending the file to the application)
- export or save your list of words in an Excel file
A dark mode is available to limit visual fatigue while using the application.
** Features only available in the pro version ** :
-> No ads
-> Faster and less memory use (because there is no ads)
-> On the pro version, the application also allows you to:
- search on all dictionaries simultaneously
- get access to new games (crosswords)
- associate color to words (which allows to use another filter system for the list of words and for the games)
If you have a suggestion or if you see a bug on the application, please send me a mail at sore[email protected]. It will help me make the application better.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/WTDictionary
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVl6irxk3KNcPl5JkvJeRjg