Fig is a food scanner and discovery tool that helps you find out what you CAN eat at grocery stores and restaurants, regardless of how complex your dietary needs are.
The app is still in beta, but we’re excited to share it with you.
If you have dietary restrictions, you’re probably annoyed by the hours it takes to inspect ingredient labels. Fig (Food is Good) instantly shows you what food you can eat based on your needs, so you can spend fewer hours researching food and more time enjoying it!
- Add ANY ingredient/allergen and 100+ diets to your Fig
- Browse products that work for you at 100+ grocery stores
- Scan product barcodes to check if a product fits your needs
- Create shopping lists to make your grocery shopping easier
- Learn more about confusing ingredients and how they match specific diets
HOW IT WORKS
1. Tell Fig how you eat by selecting from 2,000+ diets, food allergies and specific ingredients
2. Browse through products that meet your needs
3. Scan product barcodes to see a green, yellow, or red rating and get recommended alternatives if a product doesn’t work for you
• Dairy free
• Egg free
• Fructose free
• Gluten free
• Lactose free
• Low FODMAP
• Low histamine
• No Beef
• No Pork
• Celery (Celeriac, Celery)
• Corn (Corn, Corn Sugars, Corn Derivatives)
• Eggs (Egg white, Egg yolk, Eggs)
• Oral Allergy Syndrome (Alder pollen, Birch pollen, Grass Pollen, Mugwort weed pollen, Ragweed pollen)
• Peanut (Peanut, Peanut Oil)
• Seeds (Poppy, Sunflower, and more)
• Shellfish (Crustacean, Mollusk)
• Soy (Soy, Soy Lecithin, Soybean Oil)
• Tree nuts (Almond, Brazil, Cashew, Coconut, Chestnut, Hazelnut, Macadamia, Pecan, Pistachio, Walnut, and more)
• Fig works with ANY allergen!
OTHER COMMON DIETARY NEEDS:
• Added salt
• Added sugar
• Artificial flavors
• Artificial food coloring
• Capsaicin (peppers)
• Common additives (Azodicarbonamide, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Parabens, Sulfites, and more)
• Garlic & onion
• Gums & thickeners
• Nightshades (Tomatoes, Peppers, Potatoes, Eggplant)
• Sweeteners (Stevia, Aspartame, Monk Fruit, Sugar Alcohols and more)
ALL INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS:
Select from 2,000+ individual ingredients you want to avoid:
• Acacia (arabic gum)
• Acai juice
• Acai juice concentrate
• Acerola juice
• Acerola juice concentrate
• Acerola powder
• Acetic acid
• Acid casein
• ... you get the idea!
Want a new diet or store added? We’re more than happy to work with you to get it added because we want Fig to work for you. Email [email protected] to let us know how we can best help you!
Everyone deserves food that makes them feel good, and our mission is to make life with even the most complex diet feel simple and enjoyable. We work with expert dietitians to ensure our ingredient determinations are accurate and credible. These dietitians help patients with IBS, celiac disease, food allergies and intolerances, SIBO, Crohn’s, diabetes, colitis, heart disease, and more. We also understand what you go through—the whole Fig team has dietary restrictions, and we need this app in our own lives too! We know we’re not perfect yet, but with your help, we will get closer.