Data Guard powered by Zimperium
“Data Guard” is an innovative anti-cyberattack service that leverages Artificial Intelligence to protect your smartphone from known and even unknown cyber threats.
• Phone Safety
“Data Guard” clearly shows phone risk assessments, protection logs, threat notifications and more with patented behavioural analytics; it also offers “Quick/ Full Scan” modes to detect and stop abnormal App activities, carrying out threat assessment even when the phone is offline. “Data Guard” can even identify and protect you against zero-day attacks*.
• Web Safety
Equipped with “Auto Web Scan” function to alert you to dangerous websites. You can also “Customise White/Black List” to block cyber-attacks from phishing and malicious websites.
• Wi-Fi Safety
“Data Guard” notifies you of any detected risky Wi-Fi networks whether you are in Hong Kong or overseas.
• App Safety
“Data Guard” scans applications on Google Play Store before installation and identifies unsafe Apps. It also scans applications installed on your device and alerts you when unsafe Apps are detected to ensure each App can only read their permitted information.
*A zero-day attack refers to a software vulnerability that is attacked before a patch becomes available.
This service is exclusively for SmarTone users, and existing SmarTone customers can subscribe to it on our service website.
“Data Guard” Activation Guide:
“Data Guard” is easy to install and use instantly
1. Download "Data Guard" App
2. Open App with SmarTone mobile network to automatically activate service
3. SmarT Tip: To ensure an uninterrupted online protection, please click "Web" at the bottom of the App and activate "Auto Web Scan"
• Download and use of the Data Guard Service will incur data charge. Local data will be charged at or deducted from the Customer’s subscribed price plan, whichever is applicable. Standard roaming data charges will apply while using the Service abroad. If the Customer has applied for a Roaming Data Pack, data will be deducted from the plan. Please visit smartone.com/roamingdatapacken for details.
• This service can be used on smartphones running Android 6.0 or above.
• All content under the Data Guard Service are provided by Connect APAC, and SmarTone is not responsible or liable for their quality, nature, accuracy and usefulness of the contents.